Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Please pray for Pope Benedict XVI

Prayer Thread for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, on his apostolic journey to Turkey.

"I am not alone. I do not have to carry alone what in truth I could never carry alone. All the Saints of God are there to protect me, to sustain me and to carry me. And your prayers, my dear friends, your indulgence, your love, your faith and your hope accompany me. " My dear friends -- at this moment I can only say: pray for me, that I may learn to love the Lord more and more.

"Pray for me, that I may learn to love his flock more and more -- in other words, you, the holy Church, each one of you and all of you together. Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear of the wolves. Let us pray for one another, that the Lord will carry us and that we will learn to carry one another."

~from the homily for his installation as the 265th Pope of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, April 25, 2005 "I ask you all to accompany me with prayer that this pilgrimage may bring all the fruits that God desires."

~from the Angelus, November 26, 2006