Saturday, September 02, 2006

Requirements for Ordination

God is clear when speaking to Moses regarding the requirements of the Priesthood. God made man and woman equal, but not interchangeable. We have different roles as well as different consequences.

Admission to the priesthood required a male descendant of Aaron without disease or bodily defect, it involved total separation from the obligations of war and farming, and it demanded conformity to ritual, vestment and purity standards set out by God.

Hierarchy is not inequality. Jesus Said, “I and the Father are one." John 10:30; and “You heard me say to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.” John 14:28. Again god gave us roles.

The justification for the ordination of women is never scripturally based. Instead arguments are made for rights or for pragmatic reasons.